This is a part-time remote position for a Grant Writer at ECE. The Grant Writer will be responsible for preparing and submitting grant proposals to public and private organizations in support of the ECE mission, vision, and programs. The Grant Writer will collaborate with the ECE team, collect information from relevant sources, and analyze and interpret the data to identify funding opportunities.
- Researches and identifies new government, corporate, foundation and private funding prospects to match organization priorities;
- Generates high-quality proposals, narratives, applications and supporting documents in response to solicitations;
- Generates revenues for ECE programs and scholarships through timely submission of well-researched, well written and well-documented grant proposals;
- Maintains primary responsibility for grant schedules and tracking grants;
- Serves as a liaison to all funding agencies and organizations;
- Coordinates and follows-up on the progress of submitted proposals;
- Coordinates with the Bookkeeper to create expenditure and income budgets to accompany proposals.
- At least 3 years of experience in grant writing, research, or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Writing, Communications, or a related field. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Strong persuasive writing and editing skills, with the ability to understand and analyze complex data
- Knowledge of government and private funding sources and grant application procedures
- Ability to work independently and with a team, meet deadlines, and manage multiple priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Passion for the mission, vision, and values of ECE